Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Why Alberto Gonzales is the perfect Supreme Court Justice


I will begin this post by apologizing to the loyal readers of my wonderful blog. Ive been gone from the blog scene for about 3 or 4 weeks now. My readership has not fallen to zero yet, but its getting there. But there is good news children! I will be ressurecting it sometime this week, with a new format! When I say new format that just means more than just sports. Trust me the game will never be the same again.

Next I would like to demand an apology from Doc. I promised myself that I was through blogging, but his tirade (see previous post) drove me back into it. Damn you, you magnificent bastard. (uhh no homo).

Now to the issue at hand. As most of you know, Supreme Court Justice Sanadra Day O' Connor will be retiring soon. And also as most of you know El Presidente Busho gets to choose her replacement. Most of you liberals are going apeshit over this fact, understandibly so. The last thing I want is for some Bible thumping, racist, white, conservative to have a say in interpeting the constitution.

However Bush's percieved nominee, Alberto Gonzales, is the PERFECT candidate. Yes he is ultra conservative, yes he is catholic, and yes he is hispanic [ed note: not that being hispanic is a downside, the other two are though] but he is also smart.

Conservatives hate this guy. According to the Washington Post he isnt conservative enough for them. Dont get me wrong he is very conservative, but he does not let his personal beliefes cloud his judgements concerning the interpetation of the Constitution. For example on the issue of abortion, he is firmly against it, however he doesnt believe that it should be illegal in the eyes of the law.

So we have a guy who conservatives hate. Liberals are against him too, but just because the want to be partisan. Seriously the Democrats in Congress are just a non-factor right now. The only function Dem's have anymore is to oppose repulbican nominees for no other reason than they are republican. Sometimes they are worse then republicans, but I digress.

Even though there is no way he will be approved by congress this guy is the perfect choice for the Supreme Court.

{the next macq post will be about why Gonzales will be the worst thing to happen to the Supreme Court since Clarence Thomas}

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

being hispanic is a serious downside.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Being Catholic isn't a serious downside

11:01 PM  
Blogger tonymacq said...

Can i get some props for the pic of Bush "choking his chicken". Comon, its funny, LAUGH.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home