Thursday, June 09, 2005

New PE: Delayed

New PE
An update on when I earlier reported that this shit was coming out on my birthday, August 9th: there has been a delay. It will now drop on August 23rd.

If they need more time, so be it. Also, I know I might be a little late with catching this - but the title of the album references (or at least I think it references) the racist silent film "The Birth of a Nation" which basically was set in reconstruction and made Klansmen to be heroic and black people (played by white actors with blackface) to be savages. President Woodrow Wilson, possibly the worst president of the United States of America ever, stated: "It is like writing history with lightning, and my only regret is that it is all so true." It's based on a book, "The Clansmen", by his former classmate and friend Thomas Dixon. At one point, the movie was the highest-grossing movie of all time.

Obviously, the title also references one of the best albums ever, PE's second album, "It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back." I'd like to know how the other reference plays out - I seriously doubt it's not referencing the movie.

Only after a year from the release of the movie, the KKK was revived. Now, I never have seen the movie, nor do I ever plan to - just by looking at the cover and what people have said about it is enough for me to stay away. I dont know the actual plot, really - just that the civil war turns friends against each other, and (I think - I read some on wikipedia and idmb) as soon as we have equal protection, black people become the devil and start looting and raping. It is quite disgusting just reading about it, how it somehow tries to be a "historic" film when it is clearly not, even the stupidest of us can tell the shit is lying.

The last part is that it makes the KKK out to be the police of heroes protecting all whites from the danger of someone of another color. I havent watched it, nor will I watch it - it sounds incredibly stupid, racist, and disgusting. And I dont throw those words around lightly. Except for "stupid." That one I do throw around kind of lightly, no homo.

I wonder what exactly the "Rebirth of a Nation" is. My guess is something to do with anti-racism. As I have previously stated, the group is always interesting to listen to - even if I dont have the largest amount of faith in Paris producing the album.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

oh, same game, different name.

8:42 PM  
Blogger shabooty said...

is Brigget Neilson gonna be on it?
since she be at their stage shows and shit
=p

6:20 PM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

that actually brings up something interesting: do they stay away from the reality show or do they discuss it?

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PE= greatest rap group of all time
Chuck D- most underrated rapper of all time when in fact he is the best.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Book said...

Public Enemy

Black History :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

actually they talk about it often.. cause they get so much slack from it...

8:41 AM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

^im assuming youre talking about the show.

and i meant "do they stay away from it on the album?"

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home