Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Fuck Method Man (no homo)

A while back, I had completed a beat. It's use of a light guitar and sped-up vocal samples gave it a feel similar to some "love rap" songs. Love rap has gotten a bad rep thanks to the likes of Fabolous and 50 Cent, but have you heard "The Light" by Common? Anyways, I was content with this, but then, a revelation occured. Macq pointed out that the beat reminded him of another sub-category of rap with a bad rep. It went something like this (this happened like 2 months ago):

macq: that sounds like a song you would smoke to
me: I guess you could say that
me: oh, thats it!
macq: something about the whiny, high-pitched sounds makes it sound like something you would smoke weed to
me: no, no, no....thats it...a song in which a guy compares his love for weed to his love for a woman!
me: and it makes perfect sense since the chorus goes: "you must be an angel, cause things made sense...before you came"
me: now, all we need is a rapper who smokes a ton of weed
macq: lol wheres method man when you need him

So, of course, I went to Method Man's site. I sent him an e-mail and asked him a question in his "Q&A" section. I gave him the whole idea and valid contact info. But, unfortuneately, I never got word from Meth. I started giving up hope, looking for someone else (no homo).

me: are there any rappers notorious for smoking weed besides meth and red?
me: and snoop
fly: afroman...but he doesnt really count.
fly: fabolous talks about weed all the time...

so basically...that led nowhere. today, I was shocked when I went to www.rapreviews.com and found a review to the Likwit Junkies' "The L.J.'s" album:

"Over Babu's crawling, hypnotizing beat .... Defari playfully uses a woman as a metaphor for his love for tree smoke on "The Good Green."

So there you go. Method Man's inability to respond cost me fame and fortune. The concept is one song away from being tired. Fuck Method Man (no homo).

7 Comments:

Blogger Nastee said...

I want to hear this beat. I myself got a song just waiting to be sampled by Mase

3:55 PM  
Blogger Geekbird said...

Too bad Method Man is fucking awesome (no homo)...well prior to Tical the Prequel that is.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

not to take away his moments of greatness, no homo, but name a good method man solo album

7:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tical > Tical 0: The Prequel > Tical 2000: Judgement Day

1:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

>The Prequel was a piece of shit.

So was Judgement Day. There's like 28 tracks on there, and only 2 of them are listenable.

At least "Rodeo" and the single (i dont remember what it's called) are good of prequel

2:40 PM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

truthfully, he has the worst solo albums as far as the wu goes (no homo) with the possible exception of u-god. but, cmon, he's u-god. honestly, 5 years ago, did anyone imagine that masta killa's album would be 9999999 times better than method man's album?

4:04 PM  
Blogger Geekbird said...

I think a lot more people are critical of Meth because of his lack of solo albums. You can't help but expect a lot more from his efforts when dude only drops an album once every 6 or so years.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home