Saturday, April 23, 2005

Will Smiff = Ghostwritten by Royce da 5'9''?


When I did my infamous Will Smith review, nhjic, I joked a little about Will biting a line from Royce, as if he even listened to Royce:

And then, he quotes Royce Da 5'9'' (possibly unintentionally): "a buncha cliques I probably rap circles around". I'm pretty sure some guy "co-wrote" this shit, Kanye West-style, since its about the only time when he's using metaphors and shit. Wait, Royce ghostwrote for Dre, right?

I was re-listening to Royce's "Boom", which the line about cliques and circles is found. And I relive that day like it was yesterday. Maybe it was yesterday. I don't know. But coincidentally, I found another line that Will borrowed. I thought, this shit wasnt unintentional. The ironic part is the Will song makes it a point how he's not following anybody and he's his own man and what not. Here's the lyrics of the chorus:

"Why should I try to sound like ya'll sound
That's what's wrong with the rap game right now
Man, it's like a circus wit a bunch of clowns
Wit a bunch of clicks I'll probably rap circles around
"

Sez Royce Nickel-Nine:
"Rap now is a circus of clowns
A whole lotta lip from cliques I probably rap circles around
"

So of course there's 2 ways to interpret this.

Inner conspiracy theorist: This shit was ghostwritten by Royce. There's always been rumors It's a well-known fact that Will gets shit ghostwritten. It's a well-known fact that Royce was a ghostwriter for Dr. Dre. And Royce is lettin us know he wrote that shit by self-referencing himself, also making fun of Willie, who says "Original - A first form from which varieties arise / An authentic work of art as opposed to an imitation or reproduction"

Person who assumes the best: Will is being very smart. Not only is he talking about people doing the same shit over and over, but he does it himself to show how the rap game corrupts its artists.

As you can see, "Person who assumes the best" is an idiot.
Final veredict: Royce wrote for Will, Kanye West-style. No homo.

In related news...
Has anyone noticed how teh ghey the lyrics to "Mothership Connection" are?

"If you hear any noise
It's just me and the boys
Hit me
...
Stop, and let me ride
"

"If you hear noise...its me and the boys"? "Hit me"? "Let me ride"? At least put a no homo or two in there, man. Plus there's this pic of George Clinton and Anthony the Crackhead from RHCP:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know me

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No homo.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably just a coincidence. I don't think there are any conspiracy theories involved.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

cmon now. you dont take 2 lines, one after another, from another song by accident. regardless of whether theres a conspiracy theory, that shit wasnt a coincidence.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

also, how come those 3 comments supposedly came from famous people? well, charli baltimore isnt exactly "famous", but still.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Djexplicit, you really hurt my feelings. I think I am famous as far as the urban hip hop crowd is concerned. You're my favorite blogger please don't tear me down.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

youre not really all that famous if my mom doesnt know who you are. then again, im pretty sure my mom doesnt know who george clinton is.

charli: youre my favorite female mc who writes comments on my blog and has the last name "baltimore"

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Royce wrote that stuff but probly Will just bit it. Its no coincidence anyway.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charli, if it's any consolation I thought you were okay while you were out. But what happened to you baby? Are you still with Irv? Lol! Oh and Djxplicit, you are one of my favorite bloggers too (wink).

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Blogger,

After reading your blog "Will Smiff = Ghostwritten by Royce da 5'9''?", I believe you will find my articles on baby imprint and other babies topics to be helpful.

You are also welcome to post your own articles on babies in my free directory ... sharing your knowledge will help others and you also get the benefit of recognition and a valuable backlink to your own blog / site. If you have the time, why not take a look at my articles on babies names and baby stuff now!

Kind Regards
Emily

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

11:58 PM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

nike sb
louis vuitton outlet
nike basketball shoes
coach outlet store online
oakley sunglasses
jordans for sale
adidas superstar
louis vuitton
toms outlet
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
ralph lauren polo
coach outlet
jordan 13
kate spade handbags
nike air huarache
asics outlet
true religion jeans
nike roshe runs
hollister clothing
adidas yeezy 350
longchamp handbags
michael kors outlet online
air jordans
louis vuitton handbags
adidas trainers
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike outlet store
kate spade
air max 90
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
christian louboutin shoes
north face outlet
coach outlet
nike factory outlet
jordan shoes
2016.7.9haungqin

1:57 AM  
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20161209
cleveland cavaliers jerseys
minnesota vikings jerseys
nike air max pas cher
ralph lauren polo
new england patriots jerseys
louis vuitton outlet stores
timberland boots
miami heat jerseys
uggs on sale
toms shoes

10:29 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

off white clothing
zx flux
coach outlet sale
jordan shoes
supreme outlet
yeezy shoes
nike air vapormax
golden goose sneakers
birkin bag
ferragamo belt

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

off white outlet
stephen curry shoes
off white
hermes handbags
russell westbrook shoes
golden goose outlet
bape outlet
jordan 13
cheap jordans
kyrie shoes

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home