Sunday, April 17, 2005

Im Mike Jones (Who?) Mike Jones (Who?)


Unless you dont listen to the abyss that is hip hop radio, you have heard this fool rap (or at least attempt to) on his song "Still Tippin". I understand that people from the south, for the most part, inherently cannot rap. However Mike Jones brand of sucking for some reason irritates me more than normal (NH). Not only does he rap off the beat on this song, but also he repeats himself over and over throughout his verse. His part on the song concludes with him saying "back then (they) didn't want me, now im hot (they) all on me", four times. Now someone with skill, like say The Notorious One could get away with shit like that, not this jig. Please, I beg you mr. Jones, for the good of hip hop, please stop rapping. please. Thank you.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cmoney, are you talking about the slowed down version of the video they show on BET?

lol@ Slim Thug.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, djexplicit, my bro wants to be a producer of beats, how could he become like you (nh)?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Geekbird said...

Is it just me or does Mike Jones sound like I-90, who also needs to stop rapping.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of the southern rappers should get stabbed or something.

Also, I'm not too fond of T.I.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Zodiac Digital said...

> cmoney, are you talking about the slowed down version of the video they show on BET?

hes reffering to the houston traditon invented by dj screw (RIP) who slow down the music, as well as add scratches or re-play lines. this is said to have the same effect as "sizzirup", another houston tradition. sizzirup is something that would make your world go in slow motion, so screw imitated this in music by slowing down songs.

> how could he become like you (nh)?

he could email me. spam_me_1974@yahoo.com

3:16 PM  
Blogger chrome said...

read an interview on allhip.com and thought ok. so looked for one of his tunes. not impressed. marketing money at work

10:29 AM  
Blogger tonymacq said...

You will assume nothing cmoney. Yea i know about dj screw and the whole movement or what have you down in houston. However i also know that mike jones isnt the only rapper who gets his shit chopped and screwed (nh). Another bad rapper, T.I, has a chopped and screwwed cd out or coming out......i dont hear him repeating himself ever 3 gotdamn bars.....

8:07 PM  
Blogger tonymacq said...

Na cmoney.........you good homie(nh) you obviously didnt get the sarcasm/playing around in my comment. Unlike xplicit i dont want any internet beef where i have to give out my home adress to show my gulliness....

5:08 PM  
Blogger Young'un said...

You said Mike Jones.

I happen to have a site referring to Shitty rappers

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home