Monday, January 17, 2005

MLK day!


Yeah. I know it's dumb. Let's move on.


Today, I saw a 3 hour documentary up in Silver Spring. It was pretty good, and I won't lie, I almost felt like crying a couple of times. But it was too long for me, 3 hours is a hell of a long time. For the first time in months, I actually feel like watching a movie in the "theaters". The first one is "Hotel Rwanda" which didn't look so good in the previews on TV but I saw a sneak preview on the big screen and I was sold. The second one, which I am more excited to see, is "The Woodsman" which stars the underrated Kevin Bacon, plus Mos Def, who's movies I've always liked even though he rarely has any really big roles. It also stars Kyra Sedgwick (?). I went into the wrong room and saw like the first 10 minutes of" The Woodsman", and it looked good. Happy MLK day...

Bonus Audio
Public Enemy - "By the Time I Get to Arizona"
10 days after PE played this song on the U2 Concert Tour in Arizona, the governor repealed the law which made today a non-holiday.

Public Enemy - "By the Time I Get to Arizona" (xplicitremix)
Cooked this up in literally record fuckin time. Say 1 minute. Uses the "No Mercy" instrumental.

"Neither party is mine...not the jackass nor the elephant"
[...]
He try to keep it yesteryear
The good ol' days, the same ol' ways
That kept us dyin'
Yes, you me myself and I'ndeed
"
[...]
I'm on the one mission
To get a politician to honor
Or he's a gonner
By the time I get to Arizona"

3 Comments:

Blogger l teh pwnz0r l said...

eah I had nothing to say today, cause all my good shit got deleted cause im appeiling to teh Karma game. oh apparently i can delete your offensive, dis-peopl-on-their-own-work comments. It just depends whether Blogger is nice to me on a certain day.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing to do with MLK day ...but was just curious.....Are you the young male that Michael Jackson used to call "Blowhole" ? And don't say you don't remember!!!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think "Got Mlk" is great. I didn't even get it right away. great job

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home